If you love Mexican street corn and you love pasta, then you'll definitely love this Elote Tortelloni (or should we say Tort-elote?) Our gluten-free cheese-filled tortelloni are tossed with a creamy sauce, fresh sweet corn, cotija cheese, chili powder, lime, and cilantro for a perfect summer dish.
1 package Taste Republic Four Cheese Tortelloni
4 ears of corn
3 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Mexican crema
1/3 cup crumbled/grated cotija cheese
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Chili lime seasoning such as Tajín to taste
- Cut off kernels from corn (husk and silk removed) and set aside in a large bowl (should yield about 3 cups). Mince shallot and cloves of garlic.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and add in minced shallot. Stir for 1 min. Add in corn kernels and continue to cook for 6-8 min, tossing occasionally (allow some browning for color). Add in minced garlic. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, boil 3 quarts of water, season w/ salt, and boil 1 package of gluten-free Four Cheese Tortelloni for 4-5 minutes. Strain. Reserve about ½ cup of pasta water in case you need adjust sauce consistency.
- To the skillet, add heavy cream and ¼ cup of reserved pasta water and cook over high heat for 2-3 min (or until it starts to bubble). Turn off heat.
- Stir in Mexican crema (can substitute with sour cream) and crumbled/grated cotija cheese (can substitute with Parmesan or Pecorino), and add ½ tsp cayenne pepper. Stir.
- Add the boiled tortelloni to the skillet and gently toss to evenly coat each tortelloni.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish: sprinkle each bowl with crumbled cotija cheese, lime juice/zest, cayenne pepper (or Tajin seasoning), and micro cilantro. Enjoy immediately!