As far as we're concerned, lasagna season never ends - but a warm skillet of lasagna sure hits different on chilly winter nights! This gluten-free zucchini lasagna is a great way to get some extra veggies in without sacrificing the cheesy, noodle-y goodness we all love lasagna for.
- 1 package Taste Republic lasagna sheets
- 1/2 garlic head
- 4 medium sized zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heaping tbsp gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap the half garlic head in foil and place in oven while it preheats.
- Spread a clean kitchen towel out on your counter. Lay out zucchini slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan. Sprinkle in flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour in milk and stir. Bring the heat to low and continue to cook until thickened. Mix in ricotta, mozzarella, and Italian seasoning. When bubbles form, turn off heat. Continue to stir until combined.
- Remove garlic from oven. Peel and mince it and add to saucepan.
- To assemble the lasagna, place 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish. Add one layer of lasagna noodles (no need to cook beforehand). Top with cheese mixture followed by a layer of sliced zucchini.
- Repeat until you finish with most of the ingredients but still have 10 slices of zucchini left.
- Top with noodles, follow by cheese and marinara.
- Create a lattice with the remaining 10 slices of zucchini (5 horizontal, 5 vertical) and transfer to the top of the lasagna.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Italian seasoning on top.
- Spray some aluminum foil with cooking spray and turn it over so the spray side touches the top of the lasagna. Pinch sides and place on cooking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and cook for 10-15 minutes until slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!