When you're craving comfort, a creamy plate of alfredo always does the job. Skipping the gluten and dairy doesn't have to mean skipping out on the dreamy flavor with this dairy free alfredo! Cauliflower pasta and the juice of a whole lemon give this normally heavy dish a lighter, brighter taste you can enjoy any day of the week.
- 1 package of Taste Republic Grain-Free Cauliflower Linguini
- 1/2 cup of cashew cream (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp of butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 whole of lemon
- 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water
- 2 cups of raw cashews, soaked for six hours, drained, and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1 clove of garlic
Boil and drain cauliflower linguini according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water and set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter. Reduce heat slightly and stir in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour in the veggie broth and the juice of your lemon. Allow to cook for two minutes.
Whisk in cashew cream and pasta water. Remove from heat and add linguini. Toss and serve fresh, topped with lemon zest if desired!